This week 10, 20, 30 years ago

The South London Press was given a sneak preview of the capital’s only surviving windmill south of the river before it is opened to the public. The Grade II listed Brixton Windmill was built in 1816 and is located in a small park at the western end of the borough Lambeth council was given a £40,000 Lottery grant for restoration in March last year following a campaign by the Friends of Windmill Gardens.

Read more