£20,000 reward for anyone who can solve Junior Nelson’s death

BY YANN TEAR
yann@londonweeklynews.online

Detectives are launching a fresh appeal to support an investigation into the death of a man whose skeletal remains were discovered in Northolt in March 2016.

The remains of Junior George Nelson, 52, from Kilburn, were discovered in Rabournmead Drive in Northolt.

A £20,000 reward has been put up for anyone who can provide information leading to the identification and conviction of whoever was responsible for Mr Nelson’s death.

Police were called on the afternoon of March 13 three years ago after members of the public discovered bones in a section of overgrowth on an embankment.

The bones were taken for analysis by specialists, who confirmed they were human. The death was initially treated as unexplained while officers carried out work to establish identity, which was later confirmed as that of Mr Nelson.

He had been reported missing in August 2015 and media appeals had been made in an attempt to find him, but there was no trace. Prior to his disappearance, Mr Nelson had been living in Aldershot Road, Kilburn.

It is still not yet known how he came to be in the area where his remains were found, or how long his body had been there. A post-mortem examination was inconclusive.

Detective Inspector Jamie Stevenson, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command is leading the investigation. He said: “Our work so far has led us to believe that Junior’s death may have been linked to the supply of drugs.

“While we retain an open mind, one of our lines of enquiry is that he met his death as a result of a violent act and his body was deposited in the area that his attackers may be familiar with.

“Lots of people would have known Junior and we believe that someone in the Kilburn area knows what happened to him. Someone might be able to account for places he might have been to and people he may have spoken to.

“If you knew Junior and you think you have information that could assist us, I need you to contact us as quickly as you can.

“I would urge people reading this appeal, especially those living in the area where his remains were found, to look closely at pictures of Junior and think about whether you may have seen him. Does he look familiar to you?

Perhaps you might have seen him in the company of someone else?

“If you’re worried about speaking to police, there are anonymous methods including Crimestoppers that mean you will not even have to give your name.”

In a statement, Mr Nelson’s family said: “Three years have passed since Junior was taken from us and we are still no closer to finding any peace. Every day we wonder who took him from us and when the day will come that we get to achieve justice.

“Any piece of information, no matter how insignificant it might seem to you, could potentially lead to the police finding those missing puzzle pieces and helping our family, who continue to grieve for him every day.”

Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8355 0400. Alternatively you can speak anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or tweet @MetCC.


Please support your local paper by making a donation

 

 

Please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ


Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing recently: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.

So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.

Everyone at the South London Press thanks you for your continued support.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *