Due to RMT industrial action, South Western Railway is running an amended timetable on New Year’s Eve with fewer services that will finish earlier and are likely to be very busy.
South Western Railway (SWR) said passengers should be aware that:
- Stations are likely to be busy with queuing systems in some locations
- Last services will run from Waterloo before 11pm
- Some extra services will run after midnight on inner-suburban routes only
- No post-midnight services will run beyond Basingstoke or Guildford on the SWR mainline route
- Passengers are urged to check before they travel at here and follow @SW_Help for live updates
The following Late-Night Services will operate on 31 December into the early hours of 1 January:
- 12.15am, 12.45am, 3.15am and 3.45am – London Waterloo, Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Earlsfield, Wimbledon, Raynes Park, New Malden, Norbiton, Kingston, Hampton Wick, Teddington, Strawberry Hill, Twickenham, St Margarets, Richmond, London Waterloo.
- 12.33am, 1.33am, 2.33am and 3.33am – London Waterloo, Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Earlsfield, Wimbledon, Surbiton, Esher, Hersham, Walton-on-Thames, Weybridge, Byfleet & New Haw, West Byfleet, Woking, Guildford.
- 1.45am, 2.15am and 2.45am – London Waterloo, Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Wandsworth Town, Putney, Barnes, Mortlake, North Sheen, Richmond, St Margarets, Twickenham, Strawberry Hill, Teddington, Hampton Wick, Kingston, Norbiton, London Waterloo.
- 12.30am and 2.30am – London Waterloo, Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Surbiton, Woking, Farnborough, Fleet, Basingstoke.
Please support your local paper by making a donation
Please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ
Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing recently: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.