Around 120 people evacuated from The Shard in London Bridge after reports of “a smell of burning”

Reports of “a smell of burning” prompted an evacuation from The Shard in London Bridge this morning.

Around 120 people were evacuated from the 310 metre-high building, according to the London Fire Brigade, but no injuries have been reported.

In a statement London Fire Brigade said: “Six fire engines and around 40 firefighters have been called to reports of a fire on London Bridge Street in London Bridge.

“Firefighters are investigating reports of a smell of burning at The Shard in London Bridge.

“The smell of burning was found to have been caused by electrical components in a power supply which had overheated and activated a smoke detection system. There are no reports of any injuries.

“Around 120 people have been evacuated from the building as a precaution.”

Pictured: London Fire Brigade at the scene in London Bridge this morning


Please support your local paper by making a donation

 

 

Please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ


Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing recently: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.

So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.

Everyone at the South London Press thanks you for your continued support.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *