Charlton Athletic have had no new fresh cases of coronavirus – after Chuks Aneke tested positive at the end of last week.
The striker missed Saturday’s 3-1 loss to Doncaster Rovers as he self-isolated.
Aneke had played in last Tuesday’s EFL Cup tie at West Ham United, who had manager David Moyes, former Addicks loanee Josh Cullen and Issa Diop also contracting Covid-19.
The trio only found out shortly before last night’s EFL Cup match against Hull City.
Charlton manager Lee Bowyer, speaking on Monday, said: “[Erhun] Oztumer shared a room [with Aneke] so he has been tested and he’s fine.
“The lads who have been in and around him have all been tested and they are fine.
“It seems like an isolated one. He’ll get tested before he comes back, to get the all clear.”
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Everyone at the South London Press thanks you for your continued support.
Former Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing:
“A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
If you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can make a donation which will allow us to continue to bring stories to you, both in print and online. Or, please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ