Charlton pull out of move for Middlesbrough attacker Marcus Browne

Middlesbrough attacker Marcus Browne will not be signing for Charlton Athletic.

The Addicks had been in talks for the 24-year-old, who has not played since damaging his ACL in January of last year.

The South London Press has been told that Charlton closely scrutinised a deal for Browne but eventually decided the switch was not right for them at this point.

The Addicks will now shift their attention to other targets and still plan to add to their squad before Monday’s transfer deadline.

Charlton added Tottenham’s Nile John, 18, to their ranks earlier this week.

They had been working on a permanent transfer for Browne, who has interest from other League One clubs.

The former West Ham United youngster is under contract with the Teessiders until 2023. He has scored 10 goals in 45 appearances in League One during two loan spells with Oxford United.

 

 


 

Please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ


Former Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.

So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.

Everyone at the South London Press thanks you for your continued support.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.