Alex Gilbey has been ruled out of Charlton’s trip to Lincoln on Sunday.
The 25-year-old, a summer signing from Milton Keynes, left, picked up an injury in training this week.
Addicks manager Lee Bowyer said: “He’s done something to his achilles and calf area.”
Charlton’s transfer embargo means they have been forced to push Darren Pratley into the centre of their defence.
Danish businessman Thomas Sandgaard wants to buy the Addicks but posted on his Twitter account on Wednesday that negotiations over The Valley “remains an obstacle”.
Roland Duchatelet still owns the stadium and Charlton’s training ground in Eltham.
Sandgaard, a US citizen who resides in Colorado, has only been negotiating with Duchatelet’s representative Lieven De Turck.
The 62-year-old told the South London Press he could not comment on claims he had already been approved by the EFL under their Owners’ And Directors’ Test (OADT).
“It’s tearing me apart that I can’t tell people everything because it is not that far away,” said Sandgaard. “I just want to be able to say it is all official – clear and clean – and that we can start bringing players in.”
PICTURES: PAUL EDWARDS AND SEAN GOSLING
Please support your local paper by making a donation
Please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ
Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing recently: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.