Chelsea winger Hudson-Odoi on his coronavirus scare: I’ve recovered

BY PAUL LAGAN
paul@slpmedia.co.uk

Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi has said he is fine following testing positive for coronavirus.

He went on social media and said: “Hi guys. As you may be aware, I had the virus for the last couple of days, which I’ve recovered from. I’m following the health guidelines and self-isolating myself from everybody for the week.

“I hope to see everybody soon and hopefully be back on the pitch very soon. Take care.”

The club said he showed symptoms similar to a mild cold on Monday morning and has not been at the training ground since then as a precaution.

After receiving a positive test result on Thursday evening, it was announced that the Cobham training facility will partially close and those who have had recent close contact with the player in the men’s first team building will self-isolate in line with Government health guidelines. These will include initially the full men’s team squad, coaching staff and a number of backroom staff.

It’s almost certain tomorrow’s match away to Aston Villa will be postponed.

Frank Lampard’s pre-match press conference scheduled for this afternoon is also off.

There will be an emergency meeting of the Premier League bosses and clubs this morning, with the options of a complete or partial closure of fixtures on the agenda

Chelsea halted the sale of tickets this morning for the away FA Cup tie with Leicester City.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *