Dons defender Paul Kalambayi takes the controls but can’t prevent FIFA tournament exit – with Charlton also defeated

AFC Wimbledon were knocked out of the #UltimateQuaranTeam  tournament at the weekend.

Dons defender Paul Kalambayi, above, represented his club in the tournament played on computer game FIFA.

The competition was organised by Leyton Orient in the absence of domestic fixtures due to the coronavirus – with 128 teams entering and funds raised going to good causes.

A total of 75 per cent of the money raised will be given to the EFL within 28 days with the remaining 25 per cent split between two charities – MIND and COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fundraiser by WHO.

Kalambayi faced a stiff challenge as the League One side faced West Ham United, who had professional gamer Jamie Rigden on the controls. The match was streamed live on Twitch.

Charlton lost 2-1 to Sheffield United despite Lyle Taylor’s goal. The Addicks’ representative in the tournament was lifelong supporter Jamie Boxall.


Please support your local paper by making a donation

 

 

Cheques should be made payable to “MSI Media Limited” and sent by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ


Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing recently: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.

So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online. Everyone at the South London Press thanks you for your continued support.


Get the latest local news delivered every week!

For information on having our paper delivered to your door click here or to join our emailing list click here and we’ll send you an email every time we publish our latest e-edition”

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *