Millwall are working on a permanent deal for Sheffield United attacker Oliver Burke.
The 25-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan with the Lions.
And the South London Press understands that Millwall are now engaged in talks with the Blades over the Scot returning to SE16.
Burke has another 12 months to run on his United contract but enjoyed his stay with the South Londoners last season. He has been pictured in Millwall training kit in recent social media posts.
Burke scored twice in 14 appearances for the Lions. He missed seven Championship matches after suffering a hamstring injury in the 2-0 win over QPR in mid-February. The pacey frontrunner had been hitting full fitness just as that setback struck, building up his fitness after not featuring for his parent club since August 18.
Burke does not appear to fit into the Blades’ plans and Millwall need to boost their attacking options.
He scored for the Lions against Barnsley (4-1) and Birmingham (2-2) and also claimed an assist in the 2-2 draw at Luton Town.
“I’m at a stage now where I do want to settle,” Burke told our paper in January. “I know I’m only a loan player but I’m still going to treat it the same – that is my club. I want to do it for the team, do it for the fans and do everything I can to put everything into it to help the team, to put us in a great position.”
Please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ
Former Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.