Oast To Host, the gluten and wheat free bakery, is celebrating the launch of its new gluten free flour range – Cake Flour and Pastry Flour.
Everyone’s firm favourite lemony dish, an ultimate classic, here’s the bakery’s spin on the classic Lemon Meringue Pie but of course it’s gluten free.
1 x deep 9” blind baked, sweet pastry case (Using Oast to Host Pastry Flour)
Juice of 4 Lemons (rind of 2)
170g Caster Sugar
225g double cream
Meringue: 2 egg whites and 50g caster sugar
1. Place lemon juice, eggs, sugar, double cream in a bowl and place
Over a pan of hot water or bain-marie. Stir until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
In a microwave (900w) at 70% temperature for 5 minutes.
Remove from microwave and whisk or use hand blender to
combine thoroughly. Return to microwave for no more than bursts of 2 minutes at a time until the mixture thickens – if necessary whisk till smooth.
2. Add lemon rind when custard is thick. Pour into 9” case and bake at 120deg C for 20 minutes or until mixture seems set. (When you gently shake the tart it’s set when it has a firm wobble)
1. Separate eggs and whisk whites to a firm foam.
2. Fold in sugar and spread over the filling
3. Place in oven 160deg C for 20 -25 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Please support your local paper by making a donation
Please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ
Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing recently: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.