BY RICHARD CAWLEY
The future of Crystal Palace’s talismanic attacker Wilfried Zaha is under scrutiny again – with reports claiming he wants to leave and play Champions League football next season.
The 26-year-old has been a leading light for the Eagles, and has a salary that reflects his importance to the SE25 outfit.
And that is likely to limit any move for Zaha to Europe’s biggest clubs – especially when you consider the huge transfer fee that would be involved.
The Daily Mail reported last night that the academy product told Palace chairman Steve Parish on Monday that he is keen to move on.
Zaha has previously attracted interest from Tottenham.
He has also been linked earlier this season with a move to the Bundesliga.
Zaha scored 10 Premier League goals in 34 appearances – with Eagles boss Roy Hodgson often using the Ivory Coast international in a central attacking role.
He also collected two assists on the final day of the campaign as Palace beat Bournemouth 5-3.
Please support your local paper by making a donation
Cheques should be made payable to “MSI Media Limited” and sent by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ
Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing recently: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online. Everyone at the South London Press thanks you for your continued support.
Get the latest local news delivered every week!