Charlton assistant caretaker manager Johnnie Jackson says it’s possible that the club will make loanee additions before the weekend.
The Addicks’ squad is desperately short of strength in depth, with only three additions made so far this summer and a number of players leaving SE7.
The permanent transfer window closed last Thursday, but EFL clubs can still recruit players on loan up until the end of the month.
“It’s not out the question,” replied Jackson, when asked if there could be new arrivals before Saturday’s trip to Accrington Stanley.
“It would have to get done [Wednesday] or Thursday at the latest for that to be possible. There are things in motion that hopefully we can get done before the weekend but I won’t make any promises on that front.
“We have got targets, we’re working every day, believe me, hard. The window hasn’t made any difference to us, we’re still grafting away. We’ve got players in mind, we know who we want. We’re hoping to try and get it done. Hopefully we can get a few more bodies in before that loan window closes, I’m sure we will.”
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Everyone at the South London Press thanks you for your continued support.
Former Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing:
“A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
If you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can make a donation which will allow us to continue to bring stories to you, both in print and online. Or, please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ