The Mayor of Lewisham, Damien Egan, has announced his Cabinet, following his re-election at last week’s local election.
Mayor Egan won the election with 39,966 votes (58.0 per cent). Labour held all 54 seats for local councillors.
Mayor Egan said: “I’m honoured to have been re-elected to serve as Mayor of Lewisham for another four years – alongside a fantastic team of councillors – and I’m excited about getting stuck in and delivering the ambitious manifesto I was elected on.
“I’m pleased to confirm my Cabinet, who will provide the talent, energy and challenge to press ahead and make a real difference to the lives of local people. Across the council, I’m proud that we have our most diverse group of councillors yet.”
The Mayor’s Cabinet team is:
- Cllr Brenda Dacres – Deputy Mayor and Cabinet Member for Housing Development and Planning
- Cllr Chris Barnham – Children, Young People and Community Safety
- Cllr Paul Bell – Health and Adult Social Care
- Cllr Juliet Campbell – Communities, Refugees and Wellbeing
- Cllr Sophie Davis – Housing Management and Homelessness
- Cllr Amanda de Ryk – Finance and Strategy
- Cllr Louise Krupski – Environment and Climate Action
- Cllr Kim Powell – Businesses, Jobs and Skills
- Cllr André Bourne – Culture and Leisure (job share)
- Cllr James-J Walsh – Culture and Leisure (job share)
These appointments will be confirmed at the council’s AGM on May 25.
Please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ
Former Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.