BY RICHARD CAWLEY
Millwall have submitted a formal complaint after Chelsea refused to grant them more tickets for next week’s FA Youth Cup tie at Stamford Bridge.
Lions fans had quickly snapped up the initial 1,000 seats which had gone on sale.
And the Championship side had been in discussions with the west London club about increasing the away following for the match next Thursday.
“The club is immensely disappointed by what it believes to be an unnecessarily small allocation and has filed a written complaint with the relevant authorities,” said Millwall in a statement.
“Millwall have fought against the decision to provide such a minimal ticket allocation from the off and the club is also of the belief that limiting the overall attendance undermines the integrity of the competition.
“As well as denying more fans the opportunity to watch the game, it also hugely restricts the number of players’ family members and friends who can attend on what is the biggest occasion of their careers to date.
“The match is all-ticket and the club urges fans who have not been able to purchase one not to travel to Stamford Bridge on the night.
“It is hoped that a live stream will be available for all Lions supporters to view free-of-charge.”
Please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ
Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing recently: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.