Millwall winger Conor Mahoney is set to be ruled out for at least the next couple of weeks after re-injuring the hamstring he damaged at Nottingham Forest.
The 24-year-old has not featured for the Lions since coming off at the City Ground on September 25.
Mahoney asked to play for the U23s earlier this week at Ipswich to maintain match sharpness but was substituted off after the opening 45 minutes.
“It is the same hamstring he did against Forest,” Millwall manager Gary Rowett told the South London Press. “We think it is not overly severe. But your second hamstring injury, you imagine it’s going to be possibly three or four weeks, I don’t know.
“It’s the sort of injury that would often only keep you out for a couple of weeks. We have to be a little bit careful, just because he has had one before.”
Mahoney has scored five goals in 65 appearances for Millwall since signing from Bournemouth in July 2019. He is out of contract at the end of June.
Please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ
Former Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.