Norwich City drop out of chase for Dulwich Hamlet star

By Richard Cawley

Norwich City have dropped out of contention to sign Reise Allassani – but there are three bids on the table for the Dulwich Hamlet attacker.

The former Crystal Palace youngster, who turned 22 earlier this month, is working his way back from a hip niggle which saw him miss Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Margate.

“We have received three bids but we’re at a stage where all are different and the player hasn’t had the opportunity to speak to clubs yet,” said Hamlet boss Gavin Rose.

“We’re not overly jumpy about it. We received a bid earlier in the season from Norwich and it fell through. The offered him quite a derisory sum personally. It led him and his agent to believe he was so far down in their thoughts of succeeding there – he didn’t want to go through that at this stage of his career.

“It’s probably played a part in Reise and his agent thinking they don’t want to just take an offer. He’s had other Championship offers as well but he wants to be more realistic about what is good for his career.

“He hasn’t put himself in a bad position. He has scored a lot of goals and put in good performances. If he doesn’t move then I’m sure he’s capable of that in the summer.

“He trained on Monday but felt a little bit tight again. I’m not sure if he’ll be back Saturday – he’s touch and go. It is just over-use. He has done a lot of work in a short space of time having been out for a year.”

Kane Haysman’s 85th-minute goal saw leaders Dulwich lose only their fourth Bostik League Premier Division game of the campaign.

They have back-to-back home games against Merstham on Saturday and then Wingate & Finchley on Tuesday.

“It wasn’t our best performance but it was nowhere near our worst,” said Rose. “We didn’t give a lot away in terms of chances. They scored with the one shot they had in the game.

“We don’t look like conceding a lot and on another day we come away scoring one or two in the game.

“Merstham are in the bottom half of the table but it doesn’t mean much. To get winning form would be a bonus.”


Please support your local paper by making a donation

 

 

Please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ


Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing recently: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.

So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.

Everyone at the South London Press thanks you for your continued support.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *