Peckham flat fire caused by faulty dishwasher

By Rafi Mauro-Benady

Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to a blaze caused by a faulty dishwasher on Sunday.

Part of the kitchen in a first-floor flat in Kelly Avenue, Peckham, was damaged by the fire.

Around 15 people left the four-storey building before the fire brigade arrived.

Crews from Peckham, New Cross, Old Kent Road and Brixton fire stations attended the scene.

The brigade was called at 8.10pm and the fire was under control by 9.05pm

There were no reports of any injuries.


Please support your local paper by making a donation

 

 

Please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ


Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing recently: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.

So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.

Everyone at the South London Press thanks you for your continued support.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *