A man who raped two teenage girls has been jailed following an investigation by police.
Silvestar Toshev, 27, of no fixed address, was jailed for 18 years at Kingston Crown Court yesterday.
He was previously found guilty of two counts of rape at the same court on August 8.
On January 19, a 16-year-old girl was raped by a man who approached her on a bus in Morden.
The attack happened in a remote area near to Stonecot Hill, Morden.
Police recovered CCTV footage that resulted in Toshev being identified as a suspect.
Further enquiries linked him to another rape involving a 17-year-old girl that had occurred in Claremont Gardens in Surbiton on September 21, 2021.
On this occasion, the victim was standing near a bus stop when she was approached by Toshev who took her to a remote area before attacking her.
Police also used DNA evidence to link him to the offences.
Detective Sergeant Andy Walker, said: “This man is a dangerous predator who targeted teenage girls in public.
“I am pleased that our investigation has resulted in him receiving a significant custodial sentence.
“I would like to thank the victims for the support they have shown throughout this investigation.
“It has been an incredibly difficult and upsetting experience for them and I hope this outcome brings them some closure.”
Pictured top: Silvestar Toshev (Picture: The Met)
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Everyone at the South London Press thanks you for your continued support.
Former Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing:
“A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
If you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can make a donation which will allow us to continue to bring stories to you, both in print and online. Or, please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ