Recipe of the week – Banana and caramel cupcakes from Artic Iced Coffee. Serves: 12. Preparation time: 20 minutes / Cooking time: 25 minutes
What You Need For the cupcakes
70g salted butter, at room temperature
220g self-raising flour
200g caster sugar
200ml Arctic Iced Coffee Caramel Latte
2 large eggs
1 banana, mashed
For the icing
400g icing sugar
100g salted butter, softened
50ml Arctic Iced Coffee Caramel Latte
Caramel sauce and dried banana chips to decorate
What You Do
1. Pre heat the oven to 180C/160C fan.
2. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cake cases.
3. Beat together the butter, flour and sugar until it resembles sand.
4. In a separate bowl whisk the Arctic Iced Coffee Caramel Latte and eggs. Gradually add this liquid to the cake mixture until it’s all incorporated and smooth. Stir in the banana.
5. Spoon the batter into the cake cases and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
7. To make the icing, whisk together the butter and icing sugar. Slowly add 50ml of Arctic Iced Coffee Caramel Latte until you have a smooth, spreadable icing.
8. When the cakes are cold, pipe or spoon the icing on top, drizzle with caramel sauce (optional) and decorate with banana chips.
Go to www.arcticicedcoffee.co.uk for more recipes.
Please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ
Former Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.