BY TOBY PORTER
A serial sex pest who tweeted disgusting videos, including one of him sexually assaulting a sleeping Tube passenger, has been let off with a suspended sentence.
Stefano Violante, of North Street, Lambeth used the online alias “London-exhiboy87” to upload multiple videos of him exposing and touching himself inappropriately on London Underground.
Violante, pictured, is seen on one video sexually assaulting a sleeping male passenger on a late night Northern line service in 2018.
The 31-year-old was identified by British Transport Police detectives and arrested earlier this year.
During the course of the investigation, detectives found other offensive videos in which Violante exposed himself – and they were also able to link him to a pre-existing exposure incident on the Jubilee line.
Detectives also identified the victim of the assault and he gave a statement which helped in securing Violante’s prosecution.
The defendant appeared at Blackfriars Crown Court, and was handed a 12-month imprisonment on September 13, suspended for 24 months. He was also ordered to wear an electronic tag for 40 days and pay a victim a £140 surcharge.
Violante must also sign the sexual offenders register for 10 years, and is also subject to a five-year Sexual Harm Prevention Order (SHPO), which puts in place restrictions to prevent further offending.
Detective Constable Elaine Sexton-Thomas, from the British Transport Police (BTP), said: “The videos which Violante recorded and shared online were utterly disgusting – in an attempt to disguise his perverse behaviour, he would upload his videos under an online alias.
“Despite this, our enquiries led us to identify Violante and, thanks to the overwhelming evidence we supplied to the court, he was forced to plead guilty to nine counts of exposure and one count of sexual assault.
“This type of disgraceful behaviour will not be tolerated and the internet is no safe haven to hide from police capture.
I would like to thank those members of the public who reported Violante’s offensive videos to us, so we were able to take action and arrest him. If he continues to offend, he can expect to serve time behind bars.”
Mandy McGregor, head of policing and community safety at Transport for London (TfL), said: “Violante’s behaviour was predatory and disgusting.
We are pleased that he has been brought to justice and the conditions of his sentencing will have an impact on his day-to-day life.
“This case shows that every report helps to build a picture and that every report of unwanted sexual behaviour is taken seriously and investigated.”
Please support your local paper by making a donation
Please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ
Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing recently: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.