Charlton Athletic have been handed a boost with Crystal Palace opting not to cut short his loan spell in SE7.
The Eagles had the option to recall the 20-year-old winger this month.
But the South London Press has been told that Rak-Sakyi will stay with the League One outfit until the end of their campaign.
The highly-rated attacker, who signed a new long-term contract before Palace let him out on a temporary basis, has scored seven goals and claimed three assists in 29 matches for Charlton.
Rak-Sakyi’s latest assist came in Saturday’s 2-1 loss to Bolton, Albie Morgan playing a one-two with the England U20 international before driving home an equaliser right at the start of the second half.
Rak-Sakyi guided a close-range effort wide after that and also forced Bolton keeper James Trafford into a full-stretch save in the first period after an excellent run, cutting in from the right.
He has played 24 matches in the league but also started both of Charlton’s EFL Cup ties against Premier League opposition, Brighton and then Manchester United earlier this month.
PICTURE: PAUL EDWARDS
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Everyone at the South London Press thanks you for your continued support.
Former Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing:
“A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
If you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can make a donation which will allow us to continue to bring stories to you, both in print and online. Or, please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ