BY RICHARD CAWLEY
Six players from Surrey’s professional men’s squad are self-isolating as a precautionary measure related to the COVID-19 outbreak.
While not all six have reported symptoms, close proximity means that they have all been instructed to stay at home this week.
A press released from Surrey CCC said: “The six players will not be named at this point.
“The rest of the squad will continue to train in the marquee, gym and Ken Barrington Centre at The Kia Oval.
“The cancellation of England’s tour of Sri Lanka and Jason Roy’s return from the Pakistan Super League means Sam Curran, Ben Foakes, Ollie Pope and Roy will rejoin the squad for training from next week.
“Last week Surrey cancelled its pre-season training camp in Dubai which was due to begin on Tuesday March 17.
“Pre-season fixtures, starting at Sussex on April 2, remain scheduled to go ahead.”
Please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ
Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing recently: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.