A teenager has been found guilty of 22 counts of rape against six victims over a three year period.
Kevarnie Queen, 19, of Barrington Road, Brixton, was convicted today after a trial at Inner London Crown Court.
The court heard how Queen had met all but one of the six victims on social media, where he’d use his street name of K1 as his username.
The multiple offences were committed between May 2019, when he was 15, to 2022 when he was 18 years old.
The Met said it had received multiple allegations of sexual offences against Queen, but in each case the victims were unable to provide a formal interview or support an investigation as they did not feel ready because of what had happened to them.
But in June 2022, Queen was arrested on suspicion of rape after a report was made to the police where the victim felt able to make a formal report and support a criminal investigation.
Officers then made contact with the previous victims and five agreed to support the investigation, supported by specialist officers.
The investigation into Queen uncovered some upsetting details – some of the victims had been taken by Queen to tower blocks where he raped them in communal stairwells.
Others spoke of being in relationships in which they were emotionally manipulated, allowing for the abuse to be minimised by Queen.
Queen preyed on his victims, making them think the sexual abuse they had been subjected to was a normal part of being in a relationship.
Detective Constable Jennie Seward, said: “Queen’s disregard for the young women’s rights to consent, and his complete lack of respect for them, is disgraceful. He treated the women as objects to use for his own gratification.
“The bravery of these young women attacked by Queen is humbling. As police officers we of course understand that taking part in a police investigation and attending court is extremely challenging, but these courageous women have done just that.
“Their actions will, no doubt, have prevented this from happening to other young women.”
Queen was remanded in custody to appear at the same court on October 13 for sentencing.
Detective Constable Lena Kraemer, added: “If you have been the victim of a sexual offence and have not yet spoken to police, we urge you to do so; at the very least so we can ensure that you are being supported.
“As demonstrated in this case, without the information provided about Queen, the full details of his offending may not have come to light.
“We understand that supporting a police investigation for sexual assault is a daunting prospect but with police and professional support we can ensure your voice is heard.
“If you have any information about sexual predators please inform police directly or via Crimestoppers as this helps to build a picture providing police with the tools to prevent and detect crime.”
Pictured top: Kevarnie Queen, 19, has been convicted for 22 counts of rape (Picture: The Met)
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Everyone at the South London Press thanks you for your continued support.
Former Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing:
“A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
If you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can make a donation which will allow us to continue to bring stories to you, both in print and online. Or, please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ