BY RICHARD CAWLEY
Neil Harris says Millwall are ready to move on from one of their intended targets – after their bid was not accepted.
The Lions manager revealed on Saturday that two offers had been tabled for players.
And when the South London Press asked for an update on the status of the bids on Monday morning, Harris replied: “One is still ongoing and one looks like being unsuccessful – we move on to different targets.
“What we are finding is the market is moving so quickly and a bid that might seem acceptable one week is not the next. Clubs change their minds about players they want to keep and values can increase dramatically in a few weeks – someone can move and it drives the market up.
“Players who were not available become available. Your number one target can become two or three because of that.
“There are positives and negatives to it. The negative is that you want your squad sorted and in the building but the positive might just be there is better out there as time ticks along.
“I’m trying to be patient. It’s not easy at present but we have to stick to our guns with valuations and targets to a certain level.”
IMAGE BY BRIAN TONKS
Please support your local paper by making a donation
Please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ
Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing recently: “A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
So if you have enjoyed reading this story, and if you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can buy our newspaper or make a donation, which will allow us to continue to bring stories like this one to you both in print and online.