LambethNews

Clapham chemical attack: Met release footage of latest sighting

Police hunting chemical attack suspect Abdul Shokoor Ezedi have released more details of his last-known movements. 

The manhunt for Ezedi is now in its seventh day after a woman and her two daughters, aged eight and three, were injured in the attack near Clapham Common on Wednesday of last week.

The 31-year-old mother may lose sight in her right eye after being set upon with corrosive liquid. Police have narrowed down the substance used to “one or two alkalines”.

Ezedi, who is from Newcastle, is not the father of the children in the attack.

The last sighting of Ezedi sees him heading towards Victoria Embankment (Picture: The Met)

The Met has offered a £20,000 reward for anyone with information leading to the 35-year-old’s arrest.

Officers have been tracing his movements from when he was last seen on the evening of the attack.

The last sighting of Ezedi was shortly after 10pm when he passed the Unilever building and headed towards Victoria Embankment. He was wearing a dark puffer jacket with the hood pulled up.

Immediately after the attack, Ezedi boarded a Tube at Clapham South station. He was then filmed on CCTV at a Tesco in Caledonian Road, Islington, with a “significant facial injury” buying a bottle of water, before leaving and turning right.

Ezedi is seen wearing a dark puffer jacket with the hood pulled up (Picture: The Met)

Shortly after 9.45pm Ezedi was seen in Allhallows Lane and then headed towards Blackfriars Bridge. 

Police had tracked his movements around the Tube network using his bank card, but it has not been used since Wednesday.

Officers said they believed he was either being hidden by someone or has come to harm.

A 22-year-old man was arrested on Monday morning on suspicion of assisting an offender in connection with the attack. He was released on bail later that day.

Officers from the Counter Terrorism fugitive team have been drafted in to help look through hundreds of hours of CCTV in the search.

Ezedi in Caledonian Road, Islington, on the night of the attack (Picture: The Met)

The Met is also being supported by officers from forces across the UK, including Northumbria and British Transport Police, the National Crime Agency, the Home Office, UK Border Force and UK Visas and Immigration.

Commander Jon Savell said: “We continue to appeal for information about Ezedi’s whereabouts. 

“It remains our belief that he is being helped by others and yesterday we arrested a man for assisting an offender. Our enquiries continue to target more of Ezedi’s associates.

“Anyone with information is asked to call our 24/7 hotline on 020 7175 2784 or for an immediate sighting dial 999.

“To remain anonymous, please contact the independent charity, Crimestoppers.”

Pictured top: CCTV footage showing the latest sighting of Ezedi on the night of the attack (Picture: The Met)

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

 


Everyone at the South London Press thanks you for your continued support.

Former Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing:

“A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.

   

 

   

If you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can make a donation which will allow us to continue to bring stories to you, both in print and online. Or, please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.