Millwall directors self-isolate after meeting Forest’s infected owner at last weekend’s game
Millwall directors are self-isolating after last weekend coming into contact with the Nottingham Forest owner, who has contracted the coronavirus.
The Lions have issued a statement about board members staying at home as a result of the potential infection, which could yet play havoc with the run-in for all EFL clubs.
Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis announced on social media he has had “a visit” from the coronavirus.
A statement from The Den said: “Millwall can confirm that senior club representatives who came into contact with Mr Marinakis last Friday have all begun a period of self isolation, as per government advice. This is purely a precautionary measure and no individual has displayed any symptoms. The club will continue to follow all necessary guidance from the appropriate bodies.”
A statement from Forest said he was diagnosed after showing the first symptoms on his return to Greece yesterday afternoon.
During his short stay in Nottingham last week for the game he did not show any symptoms.
Forest are seeking advice from medical professionals and the relevant governing bodies to ensure the relevant measures are taken.
Pictured is Matt Smith, who scored a hat-trick in Friday night’s 3-0 victory at Forest.