NewsWestminster

35 people evacuate building after blaze breaks out in a basement

Three people were rescued by firefighters and about 35 people escaped from a building after the basement went up in flames yesterday afternoon.

Four fire engines and 25 firefighters tackled the blaze in Old Bond Street, Mayfair.

An electrical apparatus unit in the basement of the building – made up of a shop and offices – was destroyed by the fire.

Around 35 people escaped the building before firefighters arrived. Three people from the second floor were led to safety by firefighters and were assessed at the scene by London Ambulance Service crews.

The London fire brigade (LFB) was called at around 12.30pm and the fire was extinguished by 4.15pm.

Crews from Soho, Euston and North Kensington fire stations attended the scene.

A spokesman from the LFB said: “The fire is being treated as accidental and is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.”

(Picture: LFB)

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

 


Everyone at the South London Press thanks you for your continued support.

Former Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing:

“A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.

   

 

   

If you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can make a donation which will allow us to continue to bring stories to you, both in print and online. Or, please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.