Dean Holden has been kept busy since the end of Charlton Athletic’s League One campaign as he looks to help line up their summer transfer window business.
The Addicks have offered new deals to Aaron Henry, Michael Hector and Terell Thomas – the trio are all set to be out of contract at the end of June.
Albie Morgan, Ryan Inniss and Sean Clare are notable departures.
The transfer window in the EFL opens on June 14 and runs until September 1.
It will be the second window that Holden has been at the helm for but the January one opened a matter of weeks after he succeeded Ben Garner in the manager’s post in SE7.
“We can’t announce any signings until the window opens,” said Holden, when asked for an update on the club’s negotiations. “We’re now two-and-a-half weeks since the Cheltenham game and I’ve not had a day off yet.
“It’s been meeting players and getting out to clubs and places (to watch how a number of Premier League teams prepare for matches).
“I’ve had some really exciting conversations. I’ve had three players at the training ground over the last fortnight and they’ve been really impressed with the facilities. I’ve had fantastic conversations with the players about how we want to play next season and what are ambitions for the club are.
“The badge and the size of the club sells Charlton Athletic, to some extent. Then it is down to me to talk to the individual players about our style of play and their ambitions for next season and beyond.
“I’ve been really enthused by some of the players I have spoken to.
“I’ve been to a lot of games as well. I’ve been to most of the play-off games at all levels, meeting up with people and watching players. I was at Hillsborough last week for that incredible semi-final.
“It’s been a pretty full on last couple of weeks and a lot of good work has gone in.
“I’d love to be able to announce some things but we can’t just do that just yet. There’s a lot of sowing of seeds which then leads to the decisions that everyone sees with the scarves above their head when a player walks through the door.
“I’m happy with what we’ve been doing up to now.”
PICTURE: PAUL EDWARDS
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Everyone at the South London Press thanks you for your continued support.
Former Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has encouraged everyone in the country who can afford to do so to buy a newspaper, and told the Downing Street press briefing:
“A free country needs a free press, and the newspapers of our country are under significant financial pressure”.
If you can afford to do so, we would be so grateful if you can make a donation which will allow us to continue to bring stories to you, both in print and online. Or, please make cheques payable to “MSI Media Limited” and send by post to South London Press, Unit 112, 160 Bromley Road, Catford, London SE6 2NZ